SMS is one of the top & few companies who has excellent operation capability at both Amsterdam and Liege gateways with the largest freight capacity from/to Asia & China. Our vision is to be a well-known Asian brand to lead global logistics and transportation services in Europe.
What are you going to do?
For this position, your responsibilities would be, but not be limited to, the following:
- Creates shipment order and follow standard operating procedures to ensure delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Track and trace of ocean import shipment and report the status; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required ocean import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, customs broker, etc.) and then checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers
- Perform overseas communications with the Asian agents
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information entry on shipment
Who are we looking for?
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry preferred.
- Good team player and self-motivated.
- Organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Be able to write and speak in English and Dutch.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus package and pension scheme.
- A friendly, international collaborative work environment.
- A chance to be part of a fast-growing organization
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
About the company
SMS Global Logistics was established in August 2017 by a group of committed & senior executives in the international forwarding & logistics business. In response to the emerging demands for the trades between Europe and Asia and the complexity of global supply-chain, the Taiwanese-born founders of SMS Global Logistics set out to specialize as a hub between the two continents, and to position the SMS Brand as “Your Best Supply-Chain Management Specialist to connect Europe and Asia”.